Updated: Jan 18, 2021
Do you wish there was a dial on your refrigerator that you could spin everyday to tell you what the economic forecast would be? Will gas prices be higher in an hour, will a loaf of bread and eggs cost eight dollars in a week? Or we can go a step further and ask will public school still be here in a decade or will 401k and 403b plans for retirement remain in existence. Well there won't be any dials to spin but there are tons of steps you can take and plenty of opportunities right now to get your house in order.
Here are a few just to start you off:
1. Take account of all of your money, where it is housed and how easily it is accessible.
2. How much time do you have before retirement?
3. Do you have at least six months of income saved up?
4. Is your budget effective or does it need to be redone?
5. Do you have life insurance for you and your family or at minimum burial plans?
6. Is it feasible to get another streamline of income until you've banked at least 10k?
7. Can your accrued sick and vacation time at work be paid out at year end to create a savings?
8. How marketable are you with your current skill set?
9. Is entrepreneurship a dream you've had?
Don't wait until your looking for that dial to spin. Our God will provide, do your part and plan.
Proverbs 29:18New International Version (NIV)
18 Where there is no revelation, people cast off restraint; but blessed is the one who heeds wisdom’s instruction.